|Introduction of the city|
|Introduction of the university|
|Introduction of the school|
Regulations of Shanghai University of Sport on Overseas Students (Language Student) Study Management
I. Admission and Registration
1、Incoming overseas students shall register at the Overseas Students Office of the International Culture Exchange School with Admission Notice,Visa Application Form for Study in China(JW201 or JW202), Medical Certificate and other materials needed one week before the term begins. Those who could not register on time for some reasons shall apply to the Overseas Students Office for leave, which shall not exceed one month. He who fails to register without asking for leave would be deprived of the admission qualification.
2、Self-funded overseas students shall pay charges as required after the admission within two weeks before the term begins and register at the Overseas Students Office with payment invoice. To the individual who doesn’t pay charges on time, we will follow <The Charge regulation of the school of International Culture Exchange for Oversea Student> of The University of Shanghai Sports.
II. Student Attendance
1、Overseas students shall obey the student discipline of the school and attend classes in required time. Do not be late, leave early and stay away from school. He who could not attend classes shall apply for leave in advance.
2、Students who need to take a rest for illness within one day could apply to their counsellors for leave and do not need to provide the certificate from hospital. Those who need to ask for leave for more than one day shall submit the hospital’s diagnosis certificate or certificate for sick leave and the counsellor shall transfer the certificate to the Overseas Student Office for approval.
3. Students who need to take a leave for some reason within one day could directly apply to their counsellors for leave but shall submit written application if they need to leave for more than one day and the counsellor shall transfer the application to the Overseas Student Office, which would take effect with the approval of the office.
4. Those absent from school without asking for leave would be taken as truancy. He who stays away from school for more than one week within a semester would receive disciplinary warning from the school and would receive serious disciplinary warning if they leave the school for more than two weeks. The number of truancy for a single course exceeds one third of the total class hours of the semester would not be allowed to take the final exam of the course.
5. Besides the legal holidays in China and the summer and winter holidays of the school, the overseas students shall not ask for leave to travel and the travel outside the school on weekends shall not affect the normal study.
III. Suspension, resumption and drop-out of school
1、The overseas students who are absent from school due to illness and something else for more than 4 weeks could apply to the Overseas Student Office for suspension of his schooling. They could leave the school with the approval of the office within one year.
2、He who leaves the school for illness shall mail the recovery certificate issued by the hospital to the Overseas Student Office to apply for the resumption of schooling one month in advance and could return to the school with the approval of the school. When they are in China, they shall accept recheck of their health status and could resume their schooling when satisfying relevant health standards. Those self-funded overseas students shall make up for the tuition fees they are supposed to pay before resuming their schooling.
3、The state-funded overseas students want to go back to school after suspension of the schooling, shall apply to overseas student office and then, the School of International Culture Exchange will report to China Scholarship Council. After approved by Council, the school will contact the individual for returning school issue.
1. He who commits any of the following circumstance shall drop out of the school.
1) Seriously violate the laws, rules and regulations in China and cause serious consequences
2) Seriously disturb the normal teaching orders of the school and the public order of the society
3) Suffer serious illness or accidental injuries and could not continue with the learning with the diagnosis of hospital designated by the school
4) The total class hours of the truant courses exceed 50 class hours of the semester.
IV. Performance Evaluation and Assessment
1、The evaluation includes examination and assessment. The way of examination is decided by the course teacher according to the target and requirements of the course. The examination uses percentage grading system and those who get scores above 60 could pass the examination. The scores of the examination are made up of 4 parts including the mid-term score, final exam score, daily test and attendance. The final examination score makes up 40%, while the mid-term exam, daily test and attendance makes up 20% respectively. The assessment score is recorded with A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D, D- and F in a floating way.
2、Overseas students who miss the exam for no reason would get no marks and regarded as abandoning the examinations. He who fails the exam could retake the exam once and his school report shall be identified with the word “make-up”.
3、He who could not take the exam for illness or something else (except accident or outbreak of illness) shall apply to their counselors for postponing the exam and could take the exam thereafter. The score of the postponed exam shall be recorded as it is.
4、Overseas students shall strictly obey the disciplines of the examination and shall not cheat in any form. Once found, they would be deprived of the right to the exam and the exam shall be scored nil and make-up exams will not be permitted.
V. School Record, Study Certificate and Course-completion Certificate
1、The scores of each discipline in each semester would be recorded into the performance management system of the school. Overseas students could apply to the External Chinese Language Teaching and Research Office to have the copy of the record.
2、Self-funded overseas students shall take exams at required time. He who passes three or more of the course exams would be granted with the Course-completion Certificate after the study is over. He who fails to pass three courses could not receive the certificate from the school.
3、The state-funded overseas students could receive the course-completion certificate only after passing the exams of all courses. They are supposed to pass the HSK Grade IV (or above) before further learning for diploma.
4、For those who do not complete the study of all courses, fail the exams or drop out, the school would only grant them certificate of study, testifying the courses
Copyright © 2013 Office of International Student Services
Shanghai University of Sport 650 Qing Yuan Ring Rd.,Shanghai,200438,P.R.C